Making a pizza for dinner can be just as fast as ordering one, and if you involve the family, it can be SO much fun. Try this Southern style pizza with crawfish, mozzarella, tomatoes, and spinach out on your family, and remember, it’s your pizza . . . so put whatever you want on it!
Follow along with Holly Clegg as she walks through this dish on her video series, Rush Hour Recipes.
This recipe is brought to us by Holly Clegg’s Trim and Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook!
- 1 lb. Louisiana crawfish
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves
- 1/2 cup spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup red onions
- 1 Using a store bought pizza crust, start by evenly spreading olive oil across the top of the crust.
- 2 Place the minced garlic evenly across the crust and then start laying your toppings on the pizza as you wish (it's best to place heavier ingredients on the bottom and lighter ingredients, like spinach, on top).
- 3 Once all the ingredients have been layered onto the pizza, place in oven at 425 for 8-10 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned.