Lemon Bread Recipe. Easy and quick to prepare, this great lemon bread can be served for any occasion.
This recipe courtesy of EllynAnne Geisel, author of The Apron Book.
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking power
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- Optional Addition: 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Lemon Glaze:1/4 cup lemon juice (freshly squeezed for zestier flavor)
- Lemon 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 2 Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- 3 In a large bowl, mix the butter with the sugar, lemon extract and eggs.
- 4 In a separate bowl, sift the flour with the baking powder and salt.
- 5 Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating flour mixture with the milk, stiring each addition just enough to blend. Fold in the lemon peel (and pecans).
- 6 Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until a wooden pick insertedinto the center comes out clean.
- 7 Use a spatula around the four sides to loosen the loaf from the pan. Remove loaf fromthe pan onto a cooling rack.
- 8 Drizzle the lemon glaze over the top (Tip: Place rack over a piece of wax paper for easy clean up).
- 9 Wrap the cooled loaf in foil and store in the refrigerator for 1 day before serving.
- 10 For a colorful and yummy presentation, toss fresh raspberries with extra glaze and serve alongside.