This Polynesian-style chicken dinner rates high in flavor, yet it’s very low in fat.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (15 1/4 ounces) pineapple chunks in unsweetened juice
- 1 package (1.61 ounces) Pioneer No-fat Brown Gravy Mix
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger (or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger)
- 2 cups snow peas, washed and trimmed
- 1 Heat oil in nonstick skillet. Add chicken and garlic; stir-fry until chicken turns white on both sides.
- 2 Meanwhile, drain pineapple juice into a 2-cup glass measure; add enough water to make 2 cups liquid. Pour 1 1/2 cups of the liquid into skillet; heat to boiling. Stir Pioneer No-Fat Brown Gravy Mix into remaining 1/2 cup liquid; stir into boiling mixture until thickened.
- 3 Add pineapple, bell pepper, brown sugar, soy sauce and gingerroot; stir gently to combine. Simmer 3 minutes; stir in snow peas. Simmer for 2 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 4 Serve over lo mein noodles, vermicelli noodles or rice.