Here’s a sweet salad recipe, sure to start your St. Patrick’s Day feast with a bit of Irish good luck.
This recipe courtesy of tasteofhome
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1piece) equals 200 calories, 6 grams fat (5 grams saturated fat), 10 milligrams cholesterol, 93 milligrams sodium, 33 grams carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 grams protein.
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- FOR SHAMROCKS:
- 1 package (6 ounces) lime gelatin
- 2-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in cold water. Chill until slightly thickened.
- 2 Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, lemon juice and whipped topping until smooth; stir into gelatin. Fold in pineapple.
- 3 Pour into a greased 9-inch square dish. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
- 4 For shamrocks, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Pour into a greased 11-inch x 7-inch pan. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
- 5 Using a 2-inch shamrock-shaped cookie cutter, cut plain gelatin into nine shamrocks. Cut gelatin mixture into nine squares; top each with a gelatin shamrock.