This is another in our Tailgating and Game-Day Appetizer series from our friend, celebrity caterer Andrea Correale, Founder and President of Elegant Affairs.
Mac and Cheese Cups are handheld, delicious bites of one of America’s all-time favorite foods.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon truffle oil
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2 Grease muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. In a small bowl, mix bread crumbs, olive oil and salt.
- 3 Cook the elbows for about 8 minutes, they should still be a little bit firm. Remove from the heat, drain and place in a pan. Stir in butter and egg until pasta is evenly coated.
- 4 Reserve 1/2 cup of sharp Cheddar cheese and stir the remaining Cheddar cheese, Parmesan, milk, Mozzarella cheese and truffle oil into the pasta. Spoon into prepared muffin tin.
- 5 Sprinkle reserved cheese and bread-crumb mixture over the tops.
- 6 Bake for 30 minutes, then serve.