This recipe is used by permission from The Unofficial Mad Men Cookbook: Inside the Kitchens, Bars, and Restaurants of Mad Men by Judy Gelman and Peter Zheutlin (Smart Pop, 2011).
Courtesy of the Oak Bar, Plaza Hotel, New York, NY
See the full series of our Mad Men reviews and sample recipes:
- 2 ounces rye whiskey
- 1/2 ounce sweet vermouth
- 2-3 dashes Angostura bitters
- Maraschino cherry, for garnish
- 1 Pour whiskey, vermouth, and bitters into a mixing glass with ice cubes. Stir well.
- 2 Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- 3 Garnish with the cherry.
- 4 Yield: 1 drink