This recipe is used by permission from The Unofficial Mad Men Cookbook: Inside the Kitchens, Bars, and Restaurants of Mad Men by Judy Gelman and Peter Zheutlin (Smart Pop, 2011).
Courtesy of Doug Quinn, P.J. Clarke’s, New York, NY
See the full series of our Mad Men reviews and sample recipes:
- 1 1/2 ounces cognac (Hennessey VS)
- 3/4 ounce Cointreau
- 1 squeeze (1/2 ounce) fresh lemon juice
- 1 squeeze (1/4 ounce) fresh orange juice
- Flamed orange twist, for garnish
- 1 Add cognac, Cointreau, and lemon and orange juices to ice in a cocktail shaker.
- 2 Shake and serve straight up in a cocktail glass.
- 3 Garnish with orange twist.
- 4 Yield: 1 drink