Mango Curd Crepe Cake is perfect for a special occasion, like a breakfast that’s fresh and fun! To see the full video with great tips about mangos, click here.
Sponsorship of this series of recipes provided by the National Mango Board.
- 1 large mango, peeled, pitted, cubed
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- pinch of salt
- 4 large egg yolks
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 12 (8-inch) prepared crepes
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon chocolate sauce, or as needed
- 1 tablespoon white chocolate sauce, or as needed
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, sliced
- Fresh mint, as needed
- 1 In a food processor bowl, combine mango, sugar, lemon or lime juice and salt; puree.
- 2 Add egg yolks and pulse until pureed.
- 3 Strain into a large bowl; discard solids.
- 4 Place bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and whisk for 10 minutes or until mixture reaches 170°F. (Do not let bottom of bowl come in contact with water.) Remove from heat.
- 5 Slowly whisk in butter cubes.
- 6 Refrigerate mango curd overnight.
- 7 Layer crepes alternately with mango curd and whipped cream. Drizzle with chocolate sauce.
- 8 Top with slices of mango. Drizzle with white chocolate sauce. Cut into wedges and serve. Garnish with fresh mint.