Mango Smoothies Recipe. Mango and banana smoothies blend together quickly as a tasty treat for 2.
Recipe Courtesy of Williams-Sonoma. Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Outdoors Series, “Beach House Cooking”, by Charles Pierce (Time-Life Books, 1999).
- 2 mangoes, peeled, pitted and cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 banana, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Place the mangoes in a plastic bag and freeze until firm, at least 1 hour.
- 2 Just before serving, in a blender, combine the frozen mangoes, yogurt, milk, banana, lemon juice and vanilla. Blend until very smooth. Pour into chilled glasses and serve immediately.
- 3 Serves 2.