This recipe comes from the Bluewater Grill in Tustin, Calif. It is meant to be used to complete their recipe for Mediterranean Ahi Tuna Salad.
Click here for the recipe for Mediterranean Ahi Tuna Salad.
- 3 red onions, sliced in half inch slices
- Grill baste
- 4 cups red wine vinegar
- 2 cups pure olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons pickling spice
- 1 teaspoon dry leaf oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dry leaf thyme
- 1 Baste onions with grill baste and cook on barbeque until translucent. Blend remaining ingredients together in bowl and add warm onions to mix. Marinate at least one hour if not overnight.