If St. Patrick’s Day festivities leave you feeling a bit green the next morning, ease your symptoms with a McMolten Bacon Cheeseburger. Although eating this burger doesn’t guarantee any extra luck, it’s sure to help you get through the rest of the week.
Recipe courtesy of “Tabasco®”:http://www.Tabasco®.com
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 8 slices bacon
- 3 teaspoons original Tabasco® brand pepper sauce, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounces Pepper Jack cheese, cut into 4 equal cubes
- 4 English muffins, each split
- lettuce leaves, optional
- 1 Heat oil over medium-high heat in 12-inch skillet. Add onions; cook until golden brown, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally; set aside.
- 2 Meanwhile, cook bacon slices in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, until crisp, turning once. Remove to paper towels to drain. Brush with 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce until well coated. Keep warm.
- 3 Combine ground beef, salt and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce in large bowl. Stir until well mixed; divide mixture into 4 equal pieces. Place a piece of cheese on each; shape ground beef around cheese to cover completely. Cook burgers in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes on the first side. Turn burgers; cook 3 to 4 minutes longer for medium-rare or until burgers reach desired doneness.
- 4 Toast English muffins. Top each muffin half with burger, sautéed onions, 2 bacon slices and English muffin top.