Tweak the traditionally roasted vegetable medley and give it a Middle Eastern twist!
In this recipe, we use quintessential Middle Eastern ingredients which are heart-healthy and absolutely bursting with flavor.
- 1 lb. tri-colored carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 acorn squash, washed, seeded and sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons coriander
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cilantro leaves and pomegranate seeds, for garnish
- 1 Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. On one side place the carrots and on the other side place the sliced acorn squash.
- 2 Sprinkle the olive oil, coriander, cumin, sumac and salt and pepper evenly among both vegetables. Toss to coat and spread out so the vegetables are not touching.
- 3 Roast for 20 minutes or until vegetables are crispy on the outside, but fork tender. Garnish with cilantro and pomegranate seeds