Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
A watercress and endive salad with mustard vinaigrette makes a delicious starter to this rich main course. Serve the stew with crusty rolls. A distinctive white wine such as Sauvignon blanc pairs nicely.
Facts per Serving
Calories: 611 Fat, Total: 45g Carbohydrates, Total: 28g
Cholesterol: 133mg Sodium: 852mg Protein: 24g
Fiber: 3g % Cal. from Fat: 66% % Cal. from Carbs: 18%
Cooking.com Tip: This savory one pot meal is finished in the oven. In order to go directly from stovetop to oven, you’ll need an ovenproof skillet. A saute pan with a metal handle can go from one to the other with ease. Its large size has room for preparing enough food for the whole family, perfect for those Sunday brunches and weeknight suppers.
- 2/3 cup (packed) fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon (scant) salt
- 28 large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- Two 13-ounce bags cherry tomatoes, quartered (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups canned reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup orzo
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 4 to 6 ounces feta cheese, very coarsely crumbled
- 1 Preheat oven to 450°F. Puree first 6 ingredients in food processor, stopping once to scrape down sides of bowl. Mix shrimp and 2 tablespoons puree in large bowl. Mix tomatoes, tomato paste and all but 2 tablespoons remaining puree in another large bowl.
- 2 Bring broth, water and 1 tablespoon reserved puree to simmer in very large ovenproof saute pan over medium-high heat. Mix in orzo. Cook uncovered until orzo is just tender, but still firm to bite and most liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally, about 13 minutes. Mix cream into orzo; bring to simmer.
- 3 Spoon tomatoes evenly atop orzo. Top with shrimp and cheese. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until shrimp are opaque in center, about 13 minutes. Brush shrimp with remaining 1 tablespoon puree. Sprinkle with freshly cracked pepper and serve.