Give your nachos some Mediterranean flair with this delicious, and simple, recipe for Mediterranean Walnut Nachos.
Take a walk on the Mediterranean side with cucumbers, kalamata olives, red bell peppers, tomatoes, onions and oregano. Recipe courtesy of California Walnuts.
- 3/4 cup English cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and quartered
- 1/2 cup Red bell pepper, roasted and diced
- 1/2 cup Grape or cherry tomatoes (preferably red and yellow)
- 1/2 cup Red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons Oregano, fresh, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 (10-ounce) container Prepared hummus, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) Bag, pita chips, divided
- 1 cup California Walnuts, coarsely chopped, lightly toasted, divided
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 Stir together cucumber, olives, red pepper, tomatoes, onion, oregano, lemon juice and olive oil in a medium bowl.
- 2 Spread half the pita chips onto a serving platter and drop half the hummus over the top in small spoonfuls. Sprinkle with half the vegetable mixture and half the walnuts. Repeat steps.
- 3 Sprinkle cheese over the top and serve immediately.