Recipe for Melon Muffins. Try this cool summer treat made with fresh watermelon, cream cheese and lime yogurt.
Recipe courtesy of Florida Department of Agriculture
- 1 Florida watermelon
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 ounces low-fat lime yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 Slice watermelon into 1-inch thick cross sections. Using a 1½-inch wide biscuit cutter, cut watermelon sections into circles.
- 2 In a medium-sized bowl, combine cream cheese and yogurt; mix well.
- 3 Arrange melon circles on a plate and top each with a teaspoon of yogurt sauce and pinch of lime zest. Serve immediately.