Nothing says Memorial Day or Fourth of July like the classic American potato salad. With a mixture of fresh spices, potatoes and a sweet-and-tangy blend of sauces, this is always a crowd favorite recipe.
This recipe is courtesy of celebrity caterer Andrea Correale, the founder, and president of Elegant Affairs.
- 1 lb. white potatoes
- 1 lb. purple potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup clove of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- To taste Salt and Pepper
- 1 Thoroughly wash the potatoes and place in a medium saucepan, cover with water and add salt. Over high heat, bring to a boil. Reduce to medium heat, cover and cook for about 20 minutes. Using a fork, check to see if the potato is soft. If it is, drain the water and allow to cool.
- 2 When completely cool, peel the potatoes and cut them into quarter slices and set aside.
- 3 In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic, honey, vinegar, mustard, and chives.
- 4 Pour the sauce mixture over the potatoes and mix gently. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover the bowl and chill until ready to serve.