If you need a recipe you can prepare ahead of time to feed a crowd in a hurry, try this filling Mexican Pasta Bake.
This recipe courtesy
Calories: 300, Total fat: 7 g, Saturated fat: 4.5 g, Cholesterol: 20 mg, Sodium: 1240 mg, Carbohydrate: 42 g, Dietary fiber: 7 g, Sugars: 9 g, Protein: 19 g, Vitamin A: 20 %DV, Vitamin C: 4 %DV, Calcium: 35 %DV, Iron: 10 %DV,
Healthy Living Information
Good source of calcium
2 Starch,1 Vegetable,2 Meat (L)
Three cheers for this meatless main dish. It’s low in fat, low in cholesterol and a good source of calcium (thanks to the cheese)!
- 3 cups rotini pasta, uncooked
- 2 jars (16 ounce each) TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick 'N Chunky Salsa
- 2 cups KRAFT 2% Milk Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 1 cup LIGHT 'N LIVELY Twice the Calcium Fat Free Cottage Cheese
- 1 can (16 ounce) black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 package (10 ounce) frozen whole kernel corn, thawed, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 COOK rotini as directed on package; drain.
- 2 MIX rotini, salsa, 1 cup of the Cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, beans and corn. Spoon into 13x9-inch baking pan sprayed with cooking spray; sprinkle with remaining 1 cup Cheddar cheese.
- 3 BAKE at 375°F for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with cilantro.
- 4 MAKE AHEAD: Prepare as directed except for baking; cover. Refrigerate several hours or overnight. When ready to serve, uncover. Bake at 375°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with cilantro.