This delicious Millionaire Pear looks great in a martini glass, champagne flute or cocktail glass, especially with the sparkle of the sugared rim.
The vodka float and black pepper make for a subtle, elegant appearance but the addition of a few pear batons as garnish would not detract from its simplicity. A very thin pear slice (cut on a mandolin) can also be floated on top.
This recipe was developed for USA Pears by Louis Bustamente, Vallejo, California.
- 1/4 USA Bartlett pear, sliced
- 1/2 ounce fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce pear liqueur, such as Clear Creek Pear Brandy or Aqua Perfecta Pear Eau de Vie
- 3/4 ounce vodka
- 1/4 ounce vanilla-infused simple syrup (see recipe below)
- Mandarin blossom vodka, such as Hangar One or Absolut Mandarin
- Finely ground fresh black pepper
- 1 Dip the rim of a chilled cocktail glass in sugar and set aside.
- 2 In a shaker, muddle pear slices with lemon juice. Fill with ice; add pear liqueur, vodka and simple syrup. Shake well and strain into the sugar-rimmed glass.
- 3 Add a float of mandarin blossom vodka and a sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper.
Vanilla-Infused Simple Syrup
- 1 Bring sugar and water to boil in small pot. Remove from heat and add the vanilla bean and seeds. Cover and let sit for 20 minutes. Strain and chill.