Sliders and milkshakes are an American classic!
This Memorial Day, consider serving one of America’s favorite foods, bacon cheddar cheeseburgers (mini-style) and classic Strawberry Milkshakes.
This recipe is courtesy of celebrity caterer Andrea Correale, the founder, and president of Elegant Affairs.
- 1 1/2 lb. 80 percent lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 16 slices crispy bacon
- 8 mini slider buns
- 16 leaves Romaine or Iceberg lettuce
- 16 slices ripe tomato
- 16 slices bread and butter pickles
- High-quality ketchup or mayonnaise
Strawberry Milkshake Ingredients (yields 8 half-portion servings)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 lbs. fresh strawberries
- 2 pints vanilla bean ice cream
For the Sliders
- 1 Separate the beef into 16 equal portions, about 3 ounces each. Form each into a ¾ inch thick patty. Season each side of each burger with salt and pepper.
- 2 In a sauté pan, heat the oil over high heat. When the oil begins to sizzle, cook the burgers until golden brown and a little charred on the first side.
- 3 Flip and do the same to the second side. Each side will cook for approximately 3 minutes and will be medium rare. Cook longer if desired.
- 4 During the last minute of cooking, add one slice of cheese to each burger. When the cheese has melted, remove the burgers from heat and place on buns.
- 5 Top each one with bacon, tomato, pickle and lettuce. If desired, add ketchup or mayonnaise and serve.
For the Milkshake
- 1 Hull and chop most strawberries. Leave some for garnish. In a blender, add milk, strawberries, and ice cream. Blend until smooth. Pour into small chilled glasses, garnish with strawberries.