The mocha flavor and oatmeal texture add nice surprises to this cake. It can be made with leftover coffee to ensure not a drop is left!
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee blended with 1 1/3 cup boiling water OR 1 1/3 cup leftover hot coffee
- 1 cup oats
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 Pour hot coffee over oats; cover and let stand for 20 minutes.
- 2 Meanwhile, cream butter and add sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- 3 Mix together the flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa.
- 4 Alternate adding small amounts of the dry ingredients with the oats/coffee mixture, mixing well with each addition.
- 5 Pour into greased bundt pan and bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.