Try this bayou classic out at Mardi Gras or turn your dinner into an authentic Louisiana experience by serving this muffuletta that is stuffed with cheese, three kinds of meats, and a unique creole relish.
If you want to see how it’s made, click here!
- 8 mini ciabatta rolls
- Mayonnaise, as needed
- 1 cup green olives, chopped
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup Giardinara, chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- Black pepper to taste
- 8-10 slices black forest ham
- 16 slices capicola
- 8 slices salami, halved
- 8 slices provolone cheese, halved
- 1/2 red onion, slivered
- 1 To make the olive relish: In a large bowl add olives, red bell peppers, Giardinara, red wine vinegar, garlic, and black pepper mixing well and set aside.
- 2 To assemble each sandwich: Slice the rolls and spread bottom half with mayonnaise and the top half with olive relish. Layer on ham, capicola, salami, cheese and onion slivers.