Whether hosting an adult or family-oriented party, this is an easy Halloween favorite that will keep the party frightfully fun!
Recipe courtesy of Colleen Mullaney
- Large earthenware of insulated serving bowl and mugs or glasses
- 10 cups apple cider
- 5 cinnamon sticks, plus more for garnishing glasses
- About 40 whole cloves
- 12 orange slices
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 3 small apples
- 1 In a large saucepan, combine the cider, cinnamon sticks, 10 of the cloves, six of the orange slices, the ginger, and the nutmeg.
- 2 Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- 3 Meanwhile, stud the apples with the remaining cloves.
- 4 Strain the spiced cider into the serving bowl.
- 5 Garnish with the clove studded apples and remaining orange slices and serve.
- 6 Tuck fresh cinnamon sticks in individual glasses, if you like.
- 7 VARIATION: To really take the chill out, add 2 cups of bourbon just before serving.