Sautéed mushrooms and onion with a little Swiss cheese are stuffed in hamburger patties to create an exciting twist on a classic flavor combo!
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Grill Mates® Hamburger Seasoning
- 1/3 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 6 hamburger rolls
- Lettuce, tomato and condiments (optional)
- 1 Heat butter in nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir 4 minutes or until mushrooms have softened. Cool completely.
- 2 Mix ground beef and Hamburger Seasoning. Measure twelve (1/4 cup) portions of beef. Shape into thin 4-inch round patties. Place about 1 tablespoon each of the mushroom mixture and cheese in center of each of 6 patties. Top with remaining hamburger patties, pinching edges to seal filling. If necessary, lightly flatten with spatula.
- 3 Grill over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes per side or until burgers are cooked through (internal temperature of 160°F).
- 4 Serve burgers on toasted rolls. Garnish with desired condiments and toppings.