This recipe for Mushroom Cauliflower Rice is shared by our friends at Kosher.com, a resource that has become my go-to for education and delicious kosher recipes. Mushroom Cauliflower Rice is one in a series of recipes shared to celebrate Passover. —Editor
- 2 tablespoons Bartenura Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or 2 cubes Gefen Frozen Garlic
- 1 large leek, cleaned and sliced
- 1 (12-oz./340-g.) box cremini mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 24 ounces (680 grams) fresh greenhouse-grown cauliflower
- 1 Grate the cauliflower on the largest holes of a box grater or in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a grater attachment. Set aside.
- 2 Heat the oil in a large skillet and sauté garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 3 Add in leek and mushrooms, and sauté over medium-high heat until soft, about five minutes. Keep the heat high enough to avoid moisture buildup in the pan.
- 4 When the vegetables are soft and there is no moisture in the pan, add in the riced cauliflower, salt, pepper, and onion powder, and stir to combine. Cover for two minutes to cook the cauliflower through, then uncover and allow the cauliflower to finish cooking for another minute or two. Serve immediately.