Decorate with a pretty Christmas ornament — makes a great gift to give your teachers.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
After measuring the brown sugar, crumble it between your fingers for uniform texture. Be sure to pack the brown sugar firmly in the jar to prevent the baking mix from sifting down through it.
- 1/2 cup Rolled oats
- 1/2 cup M & M candies
- 1/2 cup Light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup Pioneer Buttermilk Biscuit & Baking Mix , packed
- 1/2 cup Dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup Pioneer Buttermilk Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 1 In 1-quart wide-mouth glass jar, gently layer and pack ingredients in order listed, beginning with oats.
- 2 If there is any space left after adding the last ingredient, add more candies to fill the jar.
- 3 Place lid on top.
- 4 Cut an 8-inch circle of fabric to cover lid. Place fabric over lid; secure in place with ribbon or raffia. Decorate as desired.
- 5 Make a gift card to attach as follows: "Empty contents of jar into medium bowl. Stir in 1 stick of butter, melted; 1 large egg; and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Press into an 8x8x2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Makes 16 bars."