Last, but definitely not least, in Rattan Direct‘s series of Classic American Burgers, the Oklahoma Burger with Fried Onions is mouthwatering!
Infused with raw onions that caramelize while cooked and topped with a gooey, melty cheese that brings it all together, this burger recipe is perfect.
All Classic American Burgers come from one starting point; 1/4 lb high quality minced steak with 20% fat, per burger. Mixed with black pepper to form a coherent mass and shaped into balls. Use large soft white buns. Seeds are optional. Toast the buns on the inner surfaces only.
- 1/4 lb burger mix (high-quality minced steak with 20% fat, black pepper)
- 1 slice cheese
- 1/2 onion, sliced thin
- 1 Heat a cast iron griddle or frying pan until searing hot. Add a smear of oil.
- 2 Add the burger ball and press the onion into the centre. Add good salt.
- 3 Press the burger flat with a heavy spatula, distributing the raw onion throughout.
- 4 Cook on the first side until red beading appears on the top.
- 5 Turn, add a cheese slice, and cook for the same amount of time you gave the first side.
- 6 Toast the bun on the inner surfaces only. Marry burger and bun.