It’s National Grilled Cheese Day! This Open Faced Spicy Grilled Cheese is melty goodness made easy with the help of Heavy Duty Mayonnaise and a few creative toppings. This recipe is part of our Top Ten Sandwich & Salad Trends.
- 4 slices of Sourdough or Rye bread
- Heinz® Extra Heavy Mayonnaise, as needed
- 1 cup Fontina cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Provolone cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons Heinz® Extra Heavy Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Heinz® 57 Sauce
- 3-4 cherry peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 Heat skillet to medium high.
- 2 Spread Heinz® Extra Heavy Mayonnaise on bottom side of sourdough or rye bread.
- 3 In a bowl, combine all ingredients, spread liberally over top of bread.
- 4 Griddle open faced with mayonnaise side down.
- 5 To ensure all the cheese melts, turn off heat and cover skillet with a plate or pan.