Jazz up a grilled cheese sandwich by serving it open-faced with sliced tomatoes and a sprinkling of oregano. Feel free to include other vegetables, such as sliced avocado, thinly sliced onion or roasted red pepper strips.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
- 4 slices multigrain bread, lightly toasted
- 8 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese (1 ounce each)
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into 16 thin slices
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Oregano Leaves
- 1 Top each bread slice with 2 cheese slices, 4 tomato slices and 1/4 teaspoon of the oregano.
- 2 Broil 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.