This tasty side dish features orzo, tomatoes and green onions seasoned with Italian herbs and Parmesan cheese.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups orzo
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper, Coarse Grind
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Bring broth to boil in medium saucepan. Add orzo; cook on medium heat 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 3 Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in large nonstick skillet on medium-low heat. Add tomatoes, garlic and Italian seasoning; cook and stir 2 minutes or until tomatoes begin to soften.
- 5 Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter, cooked orzo and pepper. Cook and stir 2 minutes. Add green onions and Parmesan cheese; cook and stir 1 minute.