Add some color and new flavors to your Thanksgiving Day feast with this recipe for Oven Roasted Idaho® Potatoes with Herbed Pecans. Your guests will be wowed after the first bite!
This savory dish is made with roasted Idaho Russet, Purple and Red potatoes, toasted pecans, and tossed in a honey mustard dressing. This dish packs so much flavor, don’t be surprised if it’s gone before the turkey!
Recipe and photo courtesy of the Idaho Potato Commission.
- 2 pounds Idaho® russet potatoes, diced
- 1 pound baby purple potatoes, halved
- 1/2 pound baby red potatoes, quartered (or halved if small)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
For the dressing
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 heaping tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Preheat oven to 350° F. In a medium bowl, toss potatoes with canola oil, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- 2 Lay potatoes out in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes, until crispy and browned.
- 3 Lay pecans on a separate baking sheet and toast in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Keep an eye on them, as they go from toasted to burnt quickly.
- 4 Toss warm, toasted pecans with butter, brown sugar, cayenne and rosemary. Set aside.
- 5 Make dressing: In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- 6 Combine roasted potatoes, herbed pecans and dressing, toss the combine and coat evenly with dressing. Serve warm.