If you live in San Diego, try the restaurant version. But, if you aren’t in the area, here’s a delicious way to try Pacific White Seabass at home.
- 4 Pacific White Seabass Filets, about 7-8 oz's each
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 small leeks, finely julienned
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 8 ounces organic yellow corn kernels
- 12 ounces whipped potatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1 Salt and pepper both sides of fish.
- 2 Pre-heat large cooking pan over medium heat and add 1/2 of the olive oil and 1 tbsp of butter. When hot, add the fish filets and sear for approximately three minutes on each side. Then place pan in oven and bake for approximately 10 minutes until fish is cooked to your desired doneness.
- 3 While fish is cooking heat add the balance of the oil in a skillet, add garlic and 2 tablespoons butter, saute for approximately 2 minutes.
- 4 Add julienne leeks, season with salt and pepper and cook for approximately 5 more minutes over medium heat until leeks are soft and caramelized.
- 5 Add organic corn and cook approximately 3 more minutes.
- 6 For the sauce, use a small sauce pan and add orange juice. Bring to a gentle boil and reduce by half. Whisk in the remaining butter a little at a time until sauce becomes thick.Then set aside.
- 7 To assemble, put 3 ounces of whipped potatoes on plate, top with 1/4 of the leek/corn mixture on each plate. Put fish on top of leeks and corn and accent with the orange sauce.