Panzanella is a classic and fresh Italian ripe tomato-based salad that is gently tossed with a light vinaigrette.
Simply cube your fresh veggies into fairly equally sized pieces, about 1-inch, combine with fresh mozzarella and basil, and enjoy!
- 1 lb ripe tomatoes (cherry, cut in half, or heirloom, cubed)
- 1 lb Persian cucumbers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup red onions, sliced (soak them in sherry vinegar for 15 minutes)
- 1 cup red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 avocado, diced
- Extra large handful of fresh basil, ripped by hand
- 1/2 cup herb vinaigrette
- 2 cups toasted croutons
- 1 Toss all the vegetables and mozzarella in a large mixing bowl, salt generously.
- 2 Top with the ripped basil and the croutons. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss gently.
- 3 Let it marinate for at least half an hour, then toss again gently and serve.