The origins of this recipe came out of The Good Housekeeping Cookbook from about 1973, but it’s been adapted several times to make it easy.
- 4 cups cut-up cooked chicken breasts (3-4 breasts)
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise (Hellman's recommended)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon celery salt (or more to taste)
- 2/3 cup toasted almonds
- 1-2 cups seedless grapes, cut into halves (could also use apple or orange pieces, cut into small chunks)
- Rolls or croissants
- 1 Cook chicken breasts ahead and let cool. We recommend cooking on low in a crock pot for about 6 hours.
- 2 Cut chicken into rough pieces and put into a bowl.
- 3 Add mayonnaise, cider vinegar, onion flakes, salt, and celery salt. Stir.
- 4 Add almonds and grapes and mix well.
- 5 Serve on your choice of bread.