A true, classic Italian dinner made easy.
Recipe Courtesy of BUSH’S BEST Beans and The Vegetable with More.™
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 388, Total Fat: 10.3g, Cholesterol:<1mg, Sodium: 1785mg, Total Carbs: 56.7g, Dietary Fiber: 10g, Protein: 16.2g
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans BUSH'S BEST Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 (8 ounce) box elbow macaroni or orzo
- 1/4 bunch chopped Italian parsley
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Heat large saute pan over medium heat. Add olive oil, onion, garlic and jalapeno to pan.
- 2 Cook until onion is soft but not browned, 4-5 minutes.
- 3 Stir tomatoes, BUSH'S BEST Great Northern Beans and broth into onion mixture. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring periodically.
- 4 Add pasta and return to a boil over high heat. Reduce to simmer, stirring periodically, 8-10 minutes.
- 5 Add parsley and salt and pepper, to taste. Serve warm in soup bowls.
- 6 Top with cheese.
- 7 Note: BUSH'S BEST Cannellini Beans can be substituted.