Recipe by Andrew Schloss, courtesy of Mealtime.org.
This recipe is part of Andrew Schloss’ One Recipe/Four Ways meal system.
The base recipe for the Macaroni and Cheese used in this recipe can be found here.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 520; Total fat 21g; Saturated fat 8g;
Cholesterol 135mg; Sodium 840mg; Carbohydrate 59g; Fiber 4g; Protein 25g;
Vitamin A 130%DV; Vitamin C 6%DV; Calcium 35%DV; Iron 20%DV
DV = Daily Value
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup canned pasta sauce
- 2 ounces canned, tiny shrimp, drained
- 3 cups hot mac and cheese (see recipe link above for "base recipe")
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded, imported Parmesan cheese
- 1 Heat the olive oil in a small skillet over medium-heat. Add the garlic and cook until aromatic, about 10 seconds. Add the pasta sauce and shrimp, and heat through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 2 Stir into 2 portions, or approximately 3 cups, of hot mac and cheese (from base recipe--see link above) along with the Parmesan cheese and serve.