As with most good things, this pasta is simple to prepare but makes for a spectacular presentation. Don’t forget a drizzle of Olive Nectar as the perfect finishing touch!
Recipe courtesy of OliVaylle and submitted by Conchita De Moya. OliVaylle Olive Nectar™ is extra virgin olive oil from Australia.
- 2 tablespoons OliVaylle Olive Nectar
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 small fennel bulbs, chopped
- 8 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups water1 1/2 pounds Mussels
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup cream1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 1/4 pounds spiral pasta
- 1 Heat olive oil in large pan, add onion, cook stirring until golden brown. Add garlic and fennel, stir over heat 5 minutes.
- 2 Add undrained crushed tomatoes, crumbled stock cubes, tomato paste and water, mix well. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer uncovered 45 minutes.
- 3 Add mussels, cook over low heat until mussels open, discard unopened shells.
- 4 Add cream, parsley and Parmesan cheese. Serve over pasta which has been boiled until just tender and drained.