Get in on the hot new trend for all things “cookie butter” with this easy-to-prepare recipe. For these over-the-top cookie butter-stuffed cookies we sandwiched Otis Spunkmeyer® Double Chocolate Chip Cookies around chunky-rich homemade cookie butter made with Otis Spunkmeyer® Peanut Butter Cookies. For smaller “slider-size” sandwich cookies, slice frozen cookie dough nuggets in half before baking. This recipe is part of our 2014 Dessert Trends.
Sponsorship provided by Otis Spunkmeyer.
- 8 Otis Spunkmeyer® Sweet Discovery® Peanut Butter Cookie Dough, 1.33 oz. each, frozen
- 20 Otis Spunkmeyer® Sweet Discovery® Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, 1.33 oz. each, frozen
- ¼ cup water
- ¾ cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2 Place cookie dough nuggets on baking sheets; bake for 16 to 19 minutes, or until light golden brown. Remove from oven and cool.
- 3 To prepare cookie butter: place 6 peanut butter cookies in food processor fitted with a steel blade; pulse until finely ground. Add water and powdered sugar and pulse to blend. Slowly add oil, as needed, until cookie butter has creamy peanut butter-like texture; transfer to bowl.
- 4 Fine-chop remaining 2 peanut butter cookies and add to cookie butter mixture; stir until just blended.
- 5 To assemble cookie butter-stuffed sandwiches: spread a generous portion of chunky cookie butter on flat side of half of the double chocolate chip cookies, put the remaining cookies on top and press closed.