Light and airy, these biscuits are cake-like when they’re topped with cream and sugar, and then stuffed with bright peaches, blueberries, and pillows of whipped cream.
Why Try? As a great “shortcake shortcut,” use prepared biscuits from the refrigerated section and then top them with cream and sugar before baking to turn them into quick shortcakes.
- 4 cups frozen peach slices
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 can refrigerated biscuits, 8 biscuits
- 1 pint plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2 Place biscuits on an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Brush biscuits with heavy cream, using about 2 tablespoons. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake according to package directions.
- 3 Combine peaches, blueberries, lemon juice, and brown sugar, tossing to coat.
- 4 Whip heavy cream with an electric mixer on high until very thick.
- 5 To assemble, halve baked biscuits, place bottom half on a small plate, top with a heaping spoonful of fruit, a heaping spoonful of whipped cream, and then some more fruit. Replace top of biscuit and serve.