Flavored teas have become very popular, perfect for these last warm days of early fall. Peach Tea Recipe, made from scratch recipe. A refreshing tea made with fresh peaches that is not too sweet.
Recipe courtesy of Silver Dollar City
- 6 large sweet peaches
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups tea
- 1 Place washed and sliced peaches (skins left on) in a saucepan with four cups of water and 1 cup of sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for one hour.
- 2 Turn off heat and allow fruit mixture to set for at least one hour or longer.
- 3 Set a sieve over a collecting container, place a thin tea towel or cheese cloth over the sieve. (Sometimes in a pinch a coffee filter will work.) Pour the cooled fruit mixture through the cloth and sieve. This should yield around 4 cups of syrup depending upon the cook down and peaches.
- 4 To make the tea place a quart of brewed tea in a pitcher and stir in 1 1/2 cups of the 'cold' syrup.
- 5 This will not be a very sweet tea, if you want it sweeter add a 1/2 a cup of sugar at a time.