Blue Bunny® Premium All Natural Vanilla ice cream mixed with brie and served over a pear and almond turnover.
Recipe courtesy of Blue Bunny®.
- FOR SAUCE: 1/2 cup Blue Bunny® Premium All Natural Vanilla ice cream
- 3 Tablespoons brie
- FOR FILLING: 1 pound pears - peeled, de-cored and thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup roasted whole almonds
- FOR PUFF PASTRY DOUGH: 6.5 ounces all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 ounces unsalted butter, cold
- 3 1/2 fluid ounces cold water
- 5 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 1 For the filling: Melt butter in a sauté pan over medium heat until bubbly. Add brown sugar and almonds and cook until sugar is bubbly, approximately two to three minutes. Add sliced pears to pan and cook until the pears' liquid has been released and they look somewhat dry. The brown sugar butter should be a thick glaze coating the pears by now. Transfer pears to a parchment-lined baking sheet and cool until ready to make turnovers.
- 2 For turnover assembly: Roll puff pastry dough into a 12-inch square. Quarter the one large square into four even squares. Fill each square with cold pear filling; fold square diagonally. Dab the edges of dough using a brush with water and press firmly with fingers making sure to seal tightly. Make three slits on one side of turnover. Transfer turnover (slit side up) to parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush tops of turnovers with egg wash and bake until tops of turnovers are golden brown and bottoms of turnovers seem fully baked.
- 3 For the sauce: Melt 1/2 cup of Blue Bunny Premium All Natural Vanilla ice cream with 3 Tablespoons brie. Serve sauce with turnovers.