This simple winter-inspired flatbread is a flavorful alternative to traditional pizza. Simply top flatbread with roasted delicata squash, pecans, dried cherries and dollops of ricotta for a delicious appetizer or main dish that comes together in just 25 minutes.
Recipe and photo shared by American Pecans.
- 1 delicata squash
- 4 flatbreads (naan, lavash, etc.)
- 3/4 cup ricotta
- 1/2 cup raw pecan halves
- 1/4 cup dried tart cherries (or cranberries)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- To taste Salt and pepper
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2 Trim ends off delicata squash then slice into thin rings. Remove the seeds from the center of each ring and place on a baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- 3 Meanwhile, assemble the flatbreads on another baking sheet.
- 4 Top flatbreads with the roasted squash rings then dollop ricotta evenly on top.
- 5 Scatter pecans and dried cherries on top and sprinkle with chopped sage.
- 6 Season generously with salt and pepper then place back into the oven for 7-10 minutes until edges of the flatbread start to turn golden brown and crispy, pecans are toasted and ricotta dollops melt a bit.
- 7 Remove from the oven, let cool for 1-2 minutes before slicing and serving.