A nutritious grab-and-go breakfast guarantees you’ll start the day off right. Overnight oats are all the craze these days. They’re simple to make the night before, easy to take on-the-run, and oh, so delicious!
These Pecan Super Seed Crumble Overnight Oats are prepped overnight as well, but are topped in the morning with delicious Pecan Super Seed Crumble.
Add peaches or the fruit of your choice, if you’d like. Pecan Crumble can also be used to top yogurt and oatmeal.
This recipe is shared with our audience by the American Pecan Council.
- 1 cup low-fat dairy or non-dairy yogurt
- 2 cups reduced-fat dairy or unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats (regular or gluten-free)
- 4-5 peaches, pitted and chopped
Pecan Super Seed Crumble
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or pecan oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Combine yogurt, milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and oats in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- 2 Cover and refrigerate overnight, or for at least 8 hours.
- 1 Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- 2 In a large bowl, combine pecans, chia seeds, flax seeds, hemp hearts, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds.
- 3 In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Pour the mixture over the pecan mixture. Using a rubber spatula, fold the maple syrup mixture into the seed mixture until evenly coated. The mixture will be very wet (that’s okay).
- 4 Transfer the granola to your prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown and fragrant. Allow the granola to cool completely untouched. Once the granola is cool, break it up into pieces and place in an airtight container. The mixture will stay fresh for up to 2 weeks.
- 1 Add 1/2 cup of the oat mixture to a jar and top with a 1/2 cup of chopped peaches and 1/2 cup (or more, if desired) of the pecan crumble. Serve immediately.