It’s barbecue season and thankfully Shawn Bailey from Game On is here to show how to cook the perfect steak. Follow his recipe and tips to grill the perfect steak that will make your mouth water and your neighbors jealous!
Now that you have the perfect steak recipe, take a few minutes to see steak master Shawn Bailey grill this recipe on his latest episode of Game On!
- Sirloin steak (you choose the size)
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 Dab all the moisture off of your steak using paper towels. Removing the moisture will help sear in the flavor once the steak is on heat.
- 2 Combine the salt, pepper, and cornstarch into a dry rub and apply evenly to the entirety of your steak.
- 3 Once coated, place on a rack and then place into freezer for twenty minutes to cool.
- 4 After twenty minutes, preheat your grill to medium high and then cook the steak for five minutes (rotating the steak gives perfect grill lines).
- 5 Rotate the steak forty five degrees and cook for another five minutes.
- 6 Flip the steak, and cook for five minutes before rotating and cooking for an additional five minutes.
- 7 Finally, check the temperature of your steak, and cook for up to an additional five minutes, to achieve your desired internal temperature.