This delicious Pesto Goat Cheese Vegetable Flatbread is created with balsamic-seasoned peppers and mushrooms, a fresh pesto and creamy goat cheese atop a warm flatbread.
It’s the comfort food of your dreams and from start to finish only takes 20 minutes to make, which is why we chose it to be part of our Five Quick and Easy Weeknight Dinner Ideas; simply click and enjoy to see more ideas!
This recipe is courtesy of Terra’s Kitchen.
- Chef's knife
- Large skillet
- Measuring spoons
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Kosher salt or flake sea salt
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Crimini mushrooms
- Fajita mix
- Goat Cheese
- 1 Prep ingredients: Chop parsley. Crumble goat cheese.
- 2 Crisp flatbreads: Brush flatbreads with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until crisp. Remove from skillet, and keep warm.
- 3 Cook vegetable topping: Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet. Add fajita mix and mushrooms. Sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Sauté vegetables 10 minutes or until browned and tender. Stir in balsamic vinegar. Sauté 2 minutes longer.
- 4 Assemble flatbreads: Spread flatbreads with pesto and sprinkle with goat cheese. Top with sautéed vegetables.
- 5 To serve: Place 1 flatbread on each of 2 plates, and sprinkle with parsley.