A macaroni & cheese pizza with pickles!!? What could be more fun? This one’s a surefire kid favorite.
Recipe by Sue Doeden courtesy of M.A. Gedney
- 8 ounces (1 3/4 cups) elbow macaroni
- 4 ounces (1 cup) finely shredded Marble Jack cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped Gedney, DelMonte or Cains Baby Baby Dills
- 1 cup of your favorite pizza or pasta sauce
- 8 ounces (2 cups) finely shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 Brush a 12-inch pizza pan with a small amount of olive oil, just enough to lightly coat the pan. Set aside.
- 2 Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 3 Cook 8 ounces elbow macaroni according to directions on package. Drain well.
- 4 In a large bowl, stir together cooked macaroni and Marble Jack cheese until cheese melts. Stir in beaten eggs and chopped Baby Dills.
- 5 Spread macaroni mixture on prepared pizza pan. Bake in preheated 350ºF oven for 10 minutes.
- 6 Remove from oven. Spread pizza sauce evenly over the macaroni crust. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the sauce to cover it. Return to oven and bake 15 minutes longer until cheese begins to turn golden.
- 7 Remove from oven. Allow the pizza to cool slightly before cutting. Slice the pizza and serve. Makes 1 (12-inch) pizza.