This easy-to make Pizza with Pecan Herb Topping keeps it simple by using store-bought pizza crust, with a focus on taking the flavor up a notch with pecans!
The pecan, herb and parmesan topping, also known as a gremolata, is the perfect topping to add alongside your favorite pizza ingredients. The pecan herb mixture is also delicious on top of pastas and salads!
Recipe and photo shared by American Pecans.
You can also make the store-bought pizza dough according to package directions if they differ from the ones below.
Feel free to get creative with your pizza toppings! Other topping options include: pepperoni, olives, ham, bacon, and roasted veggies.
If you have leftover pecan herb topping, it’s delicious on top of pasta and salads.
- 1 store-bought pizza dough
- 1/2 cup jarred pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced Vidalia onion
- 1 cup raw pecan halves or pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2 Lightly flour a clean surface. Using a rolling pin, roll out the pizza dough until it is 1/8-inch thick. Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet. Gently pierce the dough with a fork to prevent the dough from creating pockets of air when it bakes. Par-bake the crust for 10-15 minutes, or until lightly golden in color. (*See recipe notes)
- 3 While the dough bakes: add pecans, parsley, and garlic powder to a food processor. Pulse until the mixture becomes a coarse crumb. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in the Parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes (if using), and a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 4 Remove the crust from the oven. Using a spoon, evenly spread the pizza sauce over the crust. Top with shredded Mozzarella cheese, red pepper slices, and onion slices. Sprinkle a 1/3 cup of the pecan mixture evenly over the pizza.
- 5 Transfer the pizza to the oven and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the crust is crispy and the cheese is melted and golden brown. Serve with remaining pecan herb mixture.