Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
The marzipan topping gives this homey dessert an elegant flair.
Facts per Serving
Calories: 418 Fat, Total: 17g Carbohydrates, Total: 65g
Cholesterol: 32mg Sodium: 195mg Protein: 5g
Fiber: 4g % Cal. from Fat: 37% % Cal. from Carbs: 62%
- FOR THE FILLING: 6 cups pitted sliced plums (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- FOR THE TOPPING: 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup marzipan or almond paste, broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup chilled whipping cream
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
- 1 FOR THE FILLING: Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- 2 Butter 8-inch square baking dish. Combine first 4 ingredients in medium bowl. Let stand 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to baking dish. Dot fruit with butter pieces. Bake until fruit mixture bubbles in center, about 1 hour. Cool while preparing topping.
- 3 FOR THE TOPPING: Decrease oven temperature to 350ºF.
- 4 Combine flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt in processor. Pulse to blend. Add marzipan and process until marzipan is incorporated into flour. Add butter and process until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add cream and process just until combined. Drop cobbler dough by teaspoonfuls over surface of fruit. Sprinkle remaining 1 tablespoon sugar over dough.
- 5 Bake until topping is golden brown, about 40 minutes. Cool slightly and serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.