Your kids will be too busy popping these into their mouth to realize that there is fruit inside!
This adorable recipe fits perfectly into lunch boxes or can be made just as a fun treat and craft. In under 10 minutes, fruit and protein can be disguised for the pickiest of eaters.
Want to see how it’s done? Click here to see Tracy share how to make your kitchen allergy-friendly and fun with Porcupine Snacks!
- Pretzel sticks (we used Glutino)
- 1 white and 1 red allergy-friendly jellybeans (such as Gimbal's Fine Candies)
- 1 blackberry
- Your choice of SunButter
- 1-2 tablespoons Enjoy Life Foods chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon oil (we use Winona Pure Oil)
- 1 Cut the pretzel sticks into 3 pieces, keeping the end pieces
- 2 Set them aside
- 3 Carefully cut each of the jellybeans in half. Set them aside
- 4 Line a flat cutting board with parchment
- 5 Gently cover a blackberry with SunButter
- 6 Insert the cut pretzels, making sure the rounded edges show
- 7 Add two of the white jellybean halves for eyes
- 8 Add one of the red jellybean halves for a nose
- 9 Using a toothpick, gently draw the pupils with remaining melted chocolate
- 10 Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator