As the weather turns warmer and we embrace the flavors of spring and summer, we also make the best of seasonal leeks! Baked in the oven for about an hour, this dish is creamy soft with a silky savory edge from the leeks, perfect for Sunday brunch.
Want to see how it’s done? We have the video right here!
Thank you to the chefs at Rattan Direct for this recipe.
- 1 large leek, sliced
- 4 medium potatoes, sliced
- 1 sprig thyme
- 16 oz. heavy whipping cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350F
- 2 Layer the leek and potato slices in a shallow ovenproof dish. Season liberally and add the sprig of thyme.
- 3 Pour over the cream and bake for 60 to 90 minutes, or until the potato is soft.
- 4 Serve hot.