These delicious Potato, Onion and Cauliflower Latkes, or potato pancakes, are perfect for Hanukkah or anytime you’re looking for a delicious potato side dish.
This recipe is shared by our friends at the Idaho Potato Commission.
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 4 Idaho® baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- Canola oil for frying
- 1 Add the cauliflower florets to a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Pulse a few times until the cauliflower resembles a rice texture. Pour into a large mixing bowl.
- 2 Add the onion to the food processor and pulse a few times until the onion is very finely chopped and add to the mixing bowl.
- 3 Replace the steel blade with a shredding blade or attachment and feed the potato pieces through the tube until all are shredded. Add to the mixing bowl.
- 4 Add the eggs, flour, salt, pepper and parsley to the mixing bowl and combine thoroughly. If liquid begins to form in the bowl, drain it out with a spoon.
- 5 Heat the oil in a large skillet or cast iron pan and add scoopfuls of the mixture to form pancakes. Fry for about 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with sour cream or Greek style yogurt.